In accordance with the Hospital’s Charter, The Adelaide and Meath Hospital, Dublin, Incorporating the National Children’s Hospital is a public, voluntary, university teaching hospital which respects all beliefs, cultures and traditions.
The Mission of the Hospital, which is patient-focused, is to:
- service the healthcare needs of the community
- provide care based on best practice
- enhance our patients’ wellbeing through education and information
- educate healthcare students in partnership with third level institutions
- support our staff in lifelong learning
- undertake and support research for improved patient and public care
- develop voluntary participation and support.
- Respect for patient autonomy
- Respect for each other
- Partnership and teamwork
- Fairness and equity