Beech Ward is a 16 bedded surgical ward for children aged over 1 year of age requiring managment of conditions such as Ear Nose & Throat (ENT),Orthopaedic and General Surgery.
Preparing for admission to hospital can be very stressful on you and your child, for some useful advice why not visit our Just for Kids section.
Some general points to keep in mind when attending our ward:
- Bring Pyjamas and slippers for your child.
- While you can bring in food for your child keep in mind that other children will be fasting on the ward, so please be discrete.
- Patients under 16 years cannot leave the ward area without supervision.
- Limited parents/guardian accomodation is available for those who wish to stay overnight (no children are allowed in this area). Camp beds are also available for those who wish to stay at the bedside. Bathroom and shower facilities are available for resident parents. Siblings who may be staying with their brother or sister must be 18 years or older.
- For Heath and safety reasons No Hot Drinks are allowed on the wards.
- Parents/Guardians have no restictions with regard to visiting their child however a maximum of two other visitors per patient are allowed on the ward. Visitors should be over 18 years or accompanied by someone who is. Visiting restictions may apply in some circumstances, nursing staff will advise you if these are in place.
Additional information which you may find useful can be found on the links below:
Managing your childs pain at home
For any queries please contact the numbers below between the hours of 14.00-16.00:
Beech Ward Nurses Station is (01) 4142150
Beech Day Ward Nurses Station is (01) 414 2295