Emergency Department Liaison Service
GP Liaison Office Opening Hours
- The office is open between 09.30 hrs until 13.30 hrs Monday to Friday.
- The direct line is 01 4142396
- The fax number is 01 4143890
Useful Direct line phone numbers
GP LIAISON SERVICE IN CHILDREN'S EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT
- The GP liaison nurse in the Children’s Emergency Department is Ms Sharon Moran.
- The objective of this service is to improve patient care through effective communication between the children’s emergency department and the General Practitioner and other community services.
- The GP can contact the GP Liaison nurse to access information such as test results and radiology reports. Assistance with queries is also available.
- The GP Liaison nurse can also offer guidance with regard to the appropriate referral process required for a patient.
- The GP Liaison nurse will keep the GP up- to- date with regard to the patients’ condition and follow-up needs.
GP REFERRAL LETTER
- Please type the letter if possible.
- Please ensure patient contact details such as name , address, phone number and date of birth are legible.
- Enclose your fax number if you wish a discharge summary to be sent by return fax.
Triage Process for GP referrals to the children’s emergency department
- Please ring ahead on 01 4143558 if you are concerned about a patient or need advice.
- Children referred by a GP will undergo exactly the same triage process as a child attending without a GP letter..
- Children will be seen first by a triage nurse, they are then allocated a category based on the child’s condition and will be reviewed sooner if their condition changes.
Referral process to Children's OPD
Paediatric Outpatients Appointments Tel: 01 414 2409/414 2410 Fax 01 414 3046 between the hours of 09.30 -12.00 and 14.00-16.00
Private Appointments Tel: 01 414 2183
X-ray Appointments only Tel: 01 414 3762
Phlebotomy- Walk In Service Tel: 01 414 3043 Monday -Thursday 08.00-16.00 (closed for lunch 12.30-1.30 Approx) Friday Mornings Only 08.00-1200
|Dr David Coghlan||Rapid Access Clinic/ General Medicine / Early Childhood Developmental||Triona Mc Glynn||414 2941 or Bleep 2476|
|Dr. Rosemary Manning||General Medicine / Headaches||Dee O'Shea||414 2338 or Bleep 2955|
|Dr. Peter Greally||Respiratory /Allergy/ General Medicine/ Sleep Studies/ Cystic Fibrosis||Mary Mc Donald||414 4751 or Bleep 7302|
|Dr. Basil El Nazir||Respiratory/ General Medicine / Allergy/ Cystic Fibrosis||Mary Mc Donald||414 4751 or Bleep 7302|
|Dr. Shoana Quinn||Gastroenterology / General Medicine||Lucie Furlong||414 2343 or Bleep 2343|
|Dr. Ann Marie Broderick||Gastroenterology||Lucie Furlong||414 2343 or Bleep 2343|
|Mr. Sami Awadalla||Surgery||Orla Cummins||414 3892 or Bleep 7309|
|Mr.. Brian Sweeney||Surgery||Orla Cummins||414 3892 or Bleep 7309|
|Mr. Sri Paran||Surgery/ Urology/ Enuresis||Orla Cummins||414 3892 or Bleep 7309|
|Dr. Edna Roche||Endocrinology||Jackie Lyons||414 4111 or Bleep 7303|
|Dr. Ciara Mc Donnell||Diabetes Mellitus||Adrienne Brennan||414 4110 or Bleep 7301|
|Dr. Emma Curtis / Dr. Joanne Balfe||Child Development / General Medicine (Speech Delay/Intellectual Disability/ Autism||Stephanie Kelly||414 3640 or Bleep 2615|
|Dr. Denise Mc Donald||General Medicine/ Neurodisability (Motor Delay/ Physical Disability||Stephanie Kelly||414 3640 or Bleep 2615|
|Mr. Don Mc Shane / Mr. Brendan Conlon/ Mr. John Kinsella||ENT||Sharon Wallace||414 2339 or Bleep 3007|
|Dr. Maureen Connolly / Dr. Grainne O'Regan||Dermatology||Annama Raju||414 2193 or Bleep 2930|
|Mr. Pat Kiely / Mr. David Moore / Mr. Jacques Noel||Trauma Orthopaedics (All Elective referrals should go to OLCHC)||Conor English||414 4791 or Bleep 2354|
|Prof. Lorraine Cassidy||Opthalmology||Rosie O'Boyle (Orthoptist)||414 4722 or Bleep 7363|
|Dr. David Webb||Neurology||Ann Connolly||414 2237 or Bleep 2625|
|Dr. Ciara Farrell||Child Adolescent Mental Health||Caroline McGrath||414 3875 or Bleep 2327|
|Sharon Moran||GP. Liaison|| ||414 2396 / 0879857027|
|Ger Leen||Cystic Fibrosis Nurse|| ||414 2824 or Bleep 7300|
|Deirdre O'Shea||Children's Pain Nurse|| ||414 2338 or Bleep 2955|
Patient Information leaflets are available to download. We recommend that the GP/practice nurse/public health nurse discuss the leaflet and its contents with the parent/guardian prior to its distribution.
Please set your printer to short edge duplex and double sided if you want to print the leaflet on a single A4 page.
Please click here to access patient advice.