How to Find Us
The Hospital is situated in southwest Dublin and is easily accessible by car, bus or Luas. It is close to the M50 motorway and the N81.
Click here to access Google Map
By car via the M50:
- Travel south on the M50 and exit at junction 11.
- Follow the signs for Tallaght. You are now travelling on the N81. Continue straight on this road for approximately 1km through the roundabouts and traffic lights.
- The landmarks that you pass on the right include the Plaza Hotel and the Square Shopping Centre, and on your left, a public park.
- The right-hand turn for the Hospital is signposted shortly after you pass these landmarks. The Hospital is clearly marked from here. It is the second turn on your right. You will then see the Hospital entrance on your left.
The following buses will drop you at the gates of the Hospital:
- 50, 54A, 65, 65B, 77 and 77A
For details of pick-up points along any of these routes, contact Dublin Bus on (01) 8734 222 or log onto www.dublinbus.ie.
Upon arrival by train into Heuston and Connolly Stations, the Luas operates a service from both stations to the Hospital. See information below on the Luas.
The Hospital is now accessible through the red line on the Luas. The line starts at Connolly Station, runs through Middle Abbey Street, Heuston Station, and finishes in Tallaght. The Hospital is adjacent to the second last stop on this line, aptly-named, "Hospital". Trams run daily at regular intervals.
For more information, please visit www.luas.ie.
A taxi from the centre of Dublin to the hospital will cost approximately €30. This amount is not exact and is only given as an indication of the approximate cost for someone who is considering this option.